OPEN BURNING STARTS DECEMBER 10, 2019 IN INCLINE VILLAGE & CRYSTAL BAY BY PERMIT ONLY
The North Lake Tahoe Fire Protection District will lift the seasonal fire restrictions on outdoor burning effective Tuesday, December 10, 2019. Permits for open burning of pine needles, slash pile, construction warming fires, and recreational fire pits, are available free of charge at the district’s administration office located at 866 Oriole Way.
The Fire District reminds everyone to follow the safety guidelines on their burn permit.
Guidelines for open burning are:
- Permit holder must call fire dispatch before burning
- Open burning starts at 6:00am and all piles must be extinguished by 3:00pm
- Provide a thirty-minute fire watch after extinguishing any fire
- Have a charged garden hose and hand tools nearby
- Keep pine needle and slash piles small and manageable
- Fire must be constantly attended by an adult
- Clear a 25-foot radius noncombustible area around all fires
- Keep fires away from any overhanging branches
- Burning of household refuse, trash, cardboard, rubber products, tires, plastic, petroleum, construction debris and other non-vegetative materials is prohibited
For any questions or to obtain a burn permit application, call the North Lake Tahoe Fire Protection District at (775) 831-0351, ext. 0 to speak with someone in person.